From Linux Gamer Guide - StrangeGamer.com
This is a list of general (linux, hardware, etc..) howtos. For game-related howtos see Game Howtos.
- If your game freezes, don't CTRL+ALT+Del in Linux - use this...
- The art of "
- My own personal rule of thumb for partitioning a desktop PC with Linux on it.
- Sometimes in Linux you can't ALT+TAB certain games, but you can run multiple X sessions and switch between them.
Graphic card help
Emulators, Virtual Machines, etc...
- How to use the Wine (and/or Winex/Cedega) application to run Windows applications (esp. games) on Linux.
- How to use a DOS emulator to run all those cool old DOS games out there.
- Using the free SCUMM virtual machine to run your favorite adventure game natively under Linux.
- Use the Stratagus engine to run the Warcraft II dataset (and some more) on any OS supported by it.
- Using voice chat (via Team Speak) with games like Enemy Territory, Quake 3 and more. (=Sound problem fix)
A portal for the game developer in you that wants to be freed.
- Works well for converting a pile of ID Games (e.g Q2, Q3, Doom 3) screenshots